Search Box

Links to Culture Cafe Episodes!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Travel Show!

Alongside another project that is not yet ready to be revealed I have decided to produce my own small version of a travel show!

 It'll be a web series dubbed, "Joshua in Japan".

The debut (pilot episode, I suppose) has been cut together from the various footage taken while on a trip through Hiroshima and Miyajima. I came to the decision while looking through the stacks of home footage I shot in Japan trying to trim down videos so I could show friends/family without it being boring. After a bit of editing I wanted to add a touch more production value so I added some titles to indicate where I was, and then (as is my wont) added some opening credits. After a while it just started to feel like a show. Thus, the at once home footage blossomed into the idea of making a whole show since I'll be in Japan for some time to come.

I grant that this preliminary episode is quite rough but this is principally a factor of not having planned a show at the time I was filming my trip(s). Now that I have an idea of what I want to do, I'll take more consideration into planning it accordingly.

I'm considering it more of an experiment for the time being, one that I know I can continue to improve and eventually polish up into a decent show that will hopefully be as enjoyable as it is informative.

I'm also playing with the idea of whether or not I want to actually be on camera for any of it. Regardless of that however, I'll likely do some voice-over work for future episodes (or even this first one at a later point) to explain where I'm at and what's going on.

In any case it's a new endeavor that will keep me busy and (despite all the extra work going into it) should be a lot of fun.

So pull up a chair, sit back, and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment